On July 28, 2021, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted Resolution № 787 “On Amendments to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 9, 2020 № 1236”. This resolution changed the requirements for self-isolation (observation) in connection with crossing the state border to enter Ukraine.
Taking into account the changes introduced by the mentioned act of the Government, starting from August 5, 2021, all persons crossing the state border to enter Ukraine are subject to self-isolation.
At the same time, this requirement will not apply to the following categories of persons:
1) persons under 18 years of age;
2) citizens of Ukraine who went abroad before August 4, 2021;
3) persons who have a document confirming completing of a full course of vaccination, or an international/domestic certificate or a foreign certificate confirming a full course of vaccination from COVID-19;
4) employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
5) persons arriving to participate in official sports competitions held on the territory of Ukraine and persons accompanying them;
6) persons who come to participate in cultural events held on the territory of Ukraine, at the invitation of the cultural institution and their accompanying persons;
7) servicemen (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who participate in the training of units of the Armed Forces or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Defense;
8) experts from the border agencies of the European Union, who arrive in the framework of joint operations with the European Border and Coast Guard Agency Frontex;
9) members of official governmental and other delegations of Ukraine who return to Ukraine after short-term business trips abroad to participate in international consultations, negotiations, conferences, sessions of bodies of international organizations, meetings of intergovernmental commissions, other joint intergovernmental bodies;
10) participants in external independent assessment, persons who intend to enter educational institutions, including courses (departments) in preparation for admission to state higher education institutions, applicants studying in educational institutions located in Ukraine, and also parents (adoptive parents), guardians, trustees, other legal representatives or other persons authorized by parents (adoptive parents), guardians, trustees or other legal representatives accompanying such persons;
11) drivers and crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft and ships, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
12) persons carrying out transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
13) heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of international organizations, as well as persons accompanying them and entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Parliament of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs .
A person who is subject to self-isolation in connection with crossing the state border or CPVV is obliged to install and activate the mobile application of the electronic service "Vdoma" (Google App / App Store ) of the Unified State Web Portal of electronic services. If it is impossible to install such a mobile application, the person is subject to observation. Officials of the State Border Guard Service check the installation and activation of a mobile application when they cross the state border or CPVR.
It is prohibited for foreigners and stateless persons who are subject to self-isolation to cross the state border to enter Ukraine without an installed and activated mobile application. In case of impossibility to install a mobile application, refusal to install it, the authorized official of the state border protection unit will deny a foreign traveler to cross the state border in accordance with Article 14 of the Law of Ukraine "On Border Control".
For foreigners and stateless persons, an insurance policy (certificate, certificate) issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine is mandatory. This insurance should cover the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and should be valid for the period of stay in Ukraine. The following categories of foreigners and stateless persons do not need the mentioned insurance policy:
-foreigners, stateless persons permanently residing on the territory of Ukraine, and persons recognized as refugees, or persons in need of additional protection;
-employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
-drivers and crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular, irregular and pendulum transportation, members of air and sea crews, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
-servicemen (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who participate in the training activities of units of the Armed Forces.
The period of self-isolation is: 10 days (except for persons who arrived from the Russian Federation, the Republic of India and stayed in their territory for more than 7 days in the last 14 days) and begins 72 hours after crossing the state border or CPVV. Self-isolation, observation of the person is not applied or is stopped in case of receiving a negative result of testing for COVID19 by polymerase chain reaction or rapid test for coronavirus antigen SARS-CoV-2, conducted after crossing the state border or CPVV; 14 days - for persons who arrived from the Russian Federation, the Republic of India and stayed in their territory for more than 7 days during the last 14 days. The self-isolation period starts from the moment of crossing the state border or CPVV and cannot be terminated in case of a negative result of testing for COVID-19 by polymerase chain reaction or rapid test for coronavirus antigen SARS-CoV-2, which was carried out after crossing the state border. Information on the surname, name, patronymic, series and number of the passport, information on means of communication (telephone number) of the specified category of persons will be transferred to ADPS of Ukraine to the state institution "Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine".